Transformation of the credit culture: the Enel experience
Following deregulation and privatization and increasingly rigid restrictions on regulated markets, Enel needed to build a new credit governance model, appropriate to the size and complexity of the company.
COMPANY: Enel, a multi-national power company and a leading integrated player in the world’s power and gas markets.
- Redefinition of end-to-end credit processes, including design of new processes;
- Revision of the organizational structure and acquisition of risk management skills;
- Technology and system improvements.
SOLUTIONS: A complete credit management solution, from origination to the monitoring of outstanding positions and debt collection, leveraging CRIF's know-how, analytics and technology.
- Reduction in customer acquisition and credit management costs;
- Enhancement of the company credit culture;
- Improved credit process governance.
“The collaboration with CRIF has given us a way of dealing with problems relating to credit management and risk with a holistic and, above all, more efficient approach. CRIF managers guided us toward the implementation of a real 'credit culture', which has benefited all areas of the company, with clear qualitative and quantitative results. The adoption of target-based management alongside CRIF solutions has improved our KPIs and significantly reduced the cost of customer acquisition and monitoring processes. Thanks to the initiatives undertaken by Enel, with the support and experience of CRIF consultants, the end-to-end credit processes are now up and running: from the acquisition phase to customer management, to debt collection and debt transfer.”